For ads to be available you need a strong internet connection. Also VPNs or firewalls (ie from a work location) can prevent the connection to our ad providers.
Few things to try:
- Turn on Airplane mode and then turn it off to reset your connection
- If you are trying to watch an ad immediately after you open the game, try waiting a couple minutes - it can take time to connect to our ad provider's servers.
- Log out and then back into your Google account or Game Center account
- Ensure you have enough free space on your device - ads require downloading videos which can be large in size.
- ANDROID: Clear the cache for the game by going to your device Settings -> Apps -> Trailer Park Boys -> Storage
- iOS: Reinstall the app, as you will only download the currently used assets. This won't lose your game.
- ANDROID: Try moving the app from your SD card to internal device memory, or vice versa -- it should be in the storage location with the most free space.
- On a data connection and not Wi-Fi
- A different Wi-Fi network
- Lastly, hard reboot your device (fully power off and then back on again)
As a last resort, you can reset your Ad ID.
NOTE: Resetting your Ad ID multiple times runs the risk of the ad provider blocking you. Please only try this once or twice.
Reset Ad ID - Android device:
- Go to 'Settings'
- Under Personal, tap 'Google services'
- Under Services, tap 'Ads'
- Tap 'Reset Advertising ID'
- Tap 'OK'
Reset Ad ID - iOS device:
- Tap 'Reset Advertising Identifier'